The Benefits of Membership in the Junction TMO
Membership is open to all businesses in the area, and members are encouraged to help set priorities for the JTMO's services and advocacy activities. The JTMO, a 501 (c) 4 organization, is supported by member dues and by funding from URS, the designated Massachusetts rideshare program contractor.
What we will do for you: We will prepare marketing materials and work with you to organize local promotional events to introduce our commuter services to your employees. With your approval we will design on-site strategies that will provide cash incentives, discounts and raffles for your employees to consider bicycling, carpooling or vanpooling to work. In addition, we will invite your employees to benefit from participation in seasonal commuter promotions such as the MassCommuter Challenge, Car-Free Day, and other "green" commuting events. Finally, no commuter services program would be complete without a free Emergency Ride Home Program, which our members find to be a key factor in persuading commuters to switch from driving alone.
Consistent with the growing demand for and commitment to sustainability by small businesses, a workplace commuter benefits program can help a company save money and contribute to employee recruitment, retention and morale.
Consider the benefits of JTMO membership:
Joint Advocacy for Roadway Improvements
- Support construction of new I-93 interchange between current exits 41 & 42 and related improvements, such as:
- Double tracking of Haverhill Commuter Rail line
- Extension of Burtt Road
- Addition of Lowell Junction Commuter Rail station
- Bus-on-Shoulder/HOV lanes on I-93 as interim congestion relief measure
- Inclusion of TDM master plan in Tri-Town Interchange Development Area
- Convene/host meetings with state and local officials to address local transportation issues
Ride Matching for Carpooling/Vanpooling
Free Emergency Ride Home
- NuRide Rewards Program: easy, user friendly, on-line registration
- Free on-site demonstrations with one-to-one personal assistance
- Convening meetings of potential vanpool riders, facilitating vanpool formation and managing paperwork
- A commuter insurance policy in case of emergency or unexpected overtime
- Available for employees who commute to work at least twice per week by carpool, vanpool, mass transit, shuttle, bicycle or on foot; bicyclists and pedestrians also eligible when inclement weather would make their return trips dangerous
- Service provided by safe, reliable, local livery company
Bike-2-Work Incentive Program
- An option that helps you save money, green your commute and improve your health
- Raffles, free gift cards, discount coupons for bicycle accessoriesFree kick-off breakfasts, award luncheons
- Participants eligible for awards and prizes from Bay State Bike Week, MassCommuter Challenge, and other seasonal Bike-2-Work events
- Walkers/joggers welcome too!
- An incentive for carpools and vanpools, customized in consultation with each JTMO member
- Signage provided by JTMO upon request for designated parking spots nearest most popular employee entrance locations